- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground ginger
- apple slices and/or gingersnaps
Or, to cut sweetness, increase cinnamon, decrease sugar and substitute pumpkin pie puree for pumpkin pie filling.
Beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add pie filling, cinnamon, and ginger, beating well.
Cover and chill 8 hours.
Makes 3 cups. Awesome with apple slices. Delicious with gingersnaps, too, but a little too sweet (even for me, a certified sugar-aholic). I found several versions of this recipe at food.com.