All 4 of us have sore throats and coughs.
But, THAT’S IT! Life is good!
No more chemo and (almost) no more side effects. Here’s what I experienced on Taxol and Neulasta:
- Hot, red face the day after infusion
- Mild nausea. I took Compazine and Zofran for 2 days after infusion.
- Hair loss
- That which Immodium is good for
- Mild neuropathy, only in my toes
- Joint pain, which could be from the Neulasta shot
A shot to increase white blood cell count, given back at Emory 24 hours after each infusion. Duration of symptoms varied from 3-6 days. Claritin and Advil helped most.
- Flu-like symptoms, low-grade fever
- Bone and joint pain, especially in my legs
And that, my friends, is the last I’ll write about chemo side effects!
MRI, mammogram and ultrasound tomorrow, 8/29. PET scan Friday, 8/31.